iTero Element software is used with the iTero Element scanner in capturing 3D digital impressions of teeth, oral soft tissue and structures, and bite relationship. The software controls the processing of the data, facilitating the integration of data, and exporting of the data for the CAD/CAM fabrication of orthodontic devices. In addition to scan data, various patient and case information can be used for simulation purposes.
How does it work?
The scanning unit emits red laser light (680 nm - Class 1) and white LED light in order to record topographical images of the teeth and oral tissue. One of our highly trained registered dental assistants uses the wand of the iTero Element scanner to capture images of your tooth surfaces and gum tissue. This process utilizes only visible light and there is no exposure to ionizing radiation (X-rays).
The iTero Element system provides important advantages over existing systems including powder-free scanning and immediate feedback during the scanning process.
- No gooey mess associated with impression materials
- Breathe and swallow as you normally would
- No unpleasant taste or smell
- View 3D scans onscreen immediately
- Faster delivery time for Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® aligners as well as other orthodontic appliances
- Allows for a precise fit of all orthodontic appliances, including Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® clear aligners and retainers
- Eliminates the need to retake impressions
- Single-use imaging shield to ensure maximum cleanliness and patient safety
- On-screen visualization in real-time allows for immediate adjustment to create the ideal orthodontic scan the first time
At Dr. Wallace Wong’s orthodontic practice in Bellevue, WA, we take great pride in the work we do to enhance the lives of our patients. It is our commitment to provide quality care and a positive experience while achieving our orthodontic goals. When you’re our patient, Dr. Wallace Wong and our orthodontic team make you our priority. Your comfort, unique needs, and smile goals are always the focus.